PPA is now testing according to CDC guidelines for priority 1-3 patients. You MUST schedule a Video Visit with us before being tested at our testing center. See below for more information.
For your safety, the safety of our patients and staff, we are converting all scheduled in-office visits to Video Visits with a provider. We can most likely diagnose and treat you during the Video Visit. If it is deemed safe and necessary, we will schedule a same day office visit.
We are now allowing online self-scheduling of Video Visits. Please use the button to the right.
See below about changes to your upcoming visit
Please do NOT bring multiple people to your visits.
Please follow guidelines for social distancing and stay home unless critically necessary.
Thank you for your understanding
(last updated 5.6.2020)
WHO IS PPA TESTING FOR COVID-19
- All patients with COVID-19 symptoms (fever, shortness of breath, or cough. If you only have loss of taste/smell, GI symptoms, or sore throat, you may not qualify for testing. Schedule a Video Visit with us so we can assess you.
- Healthcare workers or first responders without symptoms.
- Essential workers with previous COVID-19 infection who are recovered but require a negative test to return to work.
You must schedule a Video Visit with a PPA provider before being sent for COVID-19 testing
WHAT IS THE PPA COVID-19 TESTING CENTER
- PPA has a designated, separate space for testing suspected COVID-19 patients located directly off the parking lot of our Chevy Chase office to provide maximal safety to patients, public and staff.
- PPA providers use all appropriate PPA to ensure their safety and the safety of all patients.
- Patients are tested individually so they only have to interact with PPA staff, not other patients.
- Testing is done quickly to minimize exposure and providers will communicate results to patients as soon as they are available (2-3 days).
Patients who tested positive for COVID-19 and who would like to donate plasma to help support treatment for current COVID-19 patients can get more information below:
WHAT PPA IS DOING TO KEEP YOU SAFE
- We are monitoring the situation daily with public health officials
- We are seeing nearly all patients virtually to reduce office exposure
- Any patient who is brought into the office has been cleared by a provider before coming to the office
- Patients with fever, cough, or shortness of breath are not being seen in the office
- We have dedicated providers and staff for possible COVID-19 cases
- We believe that our office is as safe as any other public venue or workspace.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING VISIT
- All Pediatric Well Visits for children 6 and under and children ages 11-12 will remain as in-office scheduled visits.
- All Medicare Wellness Visits, Adult Well Visits and Physicals will be converted to a Video Visit (at your already scheduled time) for management of your medical conditions.
- Medicare Wellness patients will need to return at a later date for their wellness check, but it is important to have a Video Visit to continue management of your chronic conditions.
- If you have cough, fevers, or shortness of breath, please contact us to schedule a Video Visit. Do NOT come into the office.
- For all other concerns, please call to schedule a Video Visit. If it is deemed safe and necessary, we will schedule you for a same-day office visit to complete your care.
- If you have a mask at home, please bring and wear it to any in-office visits.
It is very important that you continue to receive care for your chronic conditions in a timely manner. Please follow the above instructions so that we may continue to best serve you and your health.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO STAY HEALTHY
- Wash your hands frequently with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer or soap & water.
- Cover your mouth and nose while coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If you are sick, stay home from work or school.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
RESOURCES FOR MORE INFORMATION
Call us first. When you are sick, not feeling well, or injured between your regularly scheduled visits, call your primary care provider first. We can provide you with advice and treatment options. Please do not use the patient portal to ask about urgent medical needs, instead call us. Bethesda: 301-493-4440 Germantown: 301-528-9272 Chevy Chase: 301-942-2212
Thank you for placing your trust in Potomac Physician Associates, P.C. With our state-of-the-art facilities in Bethesda, Germantown, and Chevy Chase, Maryland, and capable, knowledgeable board-certified doctors, we are at the forefront of medicine. We are committed to caring for the whole patient, and have a strong understanding of health and wellness for the adult life. We utilize cutting-edge technology and implement the most current medical procedures.
Advanced Internal Medicine for Adults in Bethesda, MD
Our doctors are experts in the prevention and treatment of most acute and chronic illnesses afflicting adults. We offer a full range of services to meet your specific needs.
Consultations in Germantown, MD to prepare you for traveling abroad
In addition to providing advanced family and internal medical services for adults and adolescents in Germantown, our doctors can also help you prepare for your trip abroad by recommending methods to prevent or decrease the onset of travel-related illnesses. We will review your medical and vaccination history, and the daily medications you are taking to ensure you maintain optimal health while traveling overseas.
Medicine for the Entire Family in Chevy Chase, MD
Our doctors have years of experience in providing exceptional primary health care for your entire family. From annual physicals and prevention to treatment of chronic illnesses, our services can help keep you healthy!
This website is our continued attempt to provide you a rich resource of information to better serve you. It contains answers to the questions that most patients ask. However, if you have any other questions not answered here, we are available to assist you.
The doctors and staff at Potomac Physician Associates, P.C. want you to lead a long, healthy, happy and productive life. We treat our patients as we would a member of our family, with careful consideration and respect. At Potomac Physician Associates, P.C., your health is our top priority.
Maryland Healthcare Exchange
Effective 10/1/13, the Maryland Healthcare Exchange will be available to Maryland residents to gain quality and affordable healthcare. This resource will allow you to shop, compare, and select the best health plan for you and your family. For more information, please visit the Maryland health Connection website at http://www.marylandhealthconnection.gov/