PPA IS OPEN!
Potomac Physician Associates is open! Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have been carefully monitoring the situation daily and seeing patients primarily through Video Visits. However, with the easing of restrictions by the Maryland Health Department and the decline in COVID-19 cases across the county and state, we are beginning to reopen our offices for in person office visits. The health and safety of our patients remains the top priority of PPA, and we have taken several steps to ensure your in-office experience is safe and adheres to all current social distancing guidelines.
Please see below for more information on COVID-19 testing, in office visits, and what PPA is doing to keep our offices safe.
Thank you for your understanding
(last updated 6.24.2020)
WHAT PPA IS DOING TO KEEP YOU SAFE IN OUR OFFICES
WHO CAN BE SEEN IN OUR OFFICES
- All well child visits (18 and under)
- All acute care visits for non-COVID concerns
- All preventative visits for patients 18-50 years of age
- All visits for chronic conditions (high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol, etc.) for patients 65 and under
- All pre-operative visits
It is very important that you continue to receive care for your chronic conditions in a timely manner. Please follow the above instructions so that we may continue to best serve you and your health.
COVID-19 TESTING AT PPA
- The PPA COVID-19 Testing Center
- In-car testing at our Chevy Chase location to protect the health and safety of our patients and providers
- Providers wear all appropriate PPE
- Who is being tested for COVID-19
- Symptomatic patients (fever, cough, or shortness of breath; or any two of chills, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, new loss of smell or taste, muscle aches, fatigue, or headache)
- Asymptomatic patients with a known exposure to COVID-19 positive individual
- Patients who have been in a large group or mass gathering within the last 14 days
- Patients who need to visit family members or others who are elderly or immunocompromised and may be at increased risk of complications from CoVID-19
You must schedule a Video Visit with a PPA provider before being sent for COVID-19 testing
Patients who tested positive for COVID-19 and who would like to donate plasma to help support treatment for current COVID-19 patients can get more information below:
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO STAY HEALTHY
- Wash your hands frequently with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer or soap & water.
- Cover your mouth and nose while coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If you are sick, stay home from work or school.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
RESOURCES FOR MORE INFORMATION
Call us first. When you are sick, not feeling well, or injured between your regularly scheduled visits, call your primary care provider first. We can provide you with advice and treatment options. Please do not use the patient portal to ask about urgent medical needs, instead call us. Bethesda: 301-493-4440 Germantown: 301-528-9272 Chevy Chase: 301-942-2212
Thank you for placing your trust in Potomac Physician Associates, P.C. With our state-of-the-art facilities in Bethesda, Germantown, and Chevy Chase, Maryland, and capable, knowledgeable board-certified doctors, we are at the forefront of medicine. We are committed to caring for the whole patient, and have a strong understanding of health and wellness for the adult life. We utilize cutting-edge technology and implement the most current medical procedures.
Advanced Internal Medicine for Adults in Bethesda, MD
Our doctors are experts in the prevention and treatment of most acute and chronic illnesses afflicting adults. We offer a full range of services to meet your specific needs.
Consultations in Germantown, MD to prepare you for traveling abroad
In addition to providing advanced family and internal medical services for adults and adolescents in Germantown, our doctors can also help you prepare for your trip abroad by recommending methods to prevent or decrease the onset of travel-related illnesses. We will review your medical and vaccination history, and the daily medications you are taking to ensure you maintain optimal health while traveling overseas.
Medicine for the Entire Family in Chevy Chase, MD
Our doctors have years of experience in providing exceptional primary health care for your entire family. From annual physicals and prevention to treatment of chronic illnesses, our services can help keep you healthy!
This website is our continued attempt to provide you a rich resource of information to better serve you. It contains answers to the questions that most patients ask. However, if you have any other questions not answered here, we are available to assist you.
The doctors and staff at Potomac Physician Associates, P.C. want you to lead a long, healthy, happy and productive life. We treat our patients as we would a member of our family, with careful consideration and respect. At Potomac Physician Associates, P.C., your health is our top priority.
Maryland Healthcare Exchange
Effective 10/1/13, the Maryland Healthcare Exchange will be available to Maryland residents to gain quality and affordable healthcare. This resource will allow you to shop, compare, and select the best health plan for you and your family. For more information, please visit the Maryland health Connection website at http://www.marylandhealthconnection.gov/