Potomac Physician Associates, P.C. are pleased to offer all of the following services:
- Internal Medicine
- Preventive Care
- Travel Medicine
- Electronic Medical Records
- Electronic Prescribing
- Patient Portal – www.nextmd.com
Preparing for Your Physical
What you should know and bring to your visit.
Your physical examination visit is an opportunity for your doctor or physician assistant to work with you to establish a plan of care for maintaining good health. In order to get the most benefit from this visit it will be helpful for you to prepare ahead of time. You can expect the following topics to be covered at your visit:
- Your personal health history (conditions, surgeries, hospitalizations)
- Your family medical history
- Lifestyle factors including exercise, diet and sleep routines
- Habits including use of alcohol, tobacco or drugs
- Your list of current medications (including non-prescription medications, supplements and herbal products) and medication allergies. Please bring your bottles of medications with you at the time of your visit.
- Vaccinations appropriate for your age and health status
- Age appropriate screening tests and procedures
- Recommendations from other treating physicians
It is a good idea to write down this information and bring it with you to your examination. You may also bring a written list of any questions or concerns you would like to address during your visit. While this visit is primarily prevention oriented other health concerns may be handled if time permits. Please be aware that there may be an additional charge when both preventive care and other medical issues or conditions are dealt with in the same visit.
We are looking forward to seeing you for your physical examination and working together for your good health.